May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings

We had a quiet Thanksgiving this year.....all by ourselves. Many times, when family hasn't come (or we haven't gone to them), we've taken the opportunity to travel. One time we went to Pennsylvannia, one time to West Virginia and one time to Virginia. This year we stayed home.

I fixed a Brined Turkey Breast that was moist and tender. I also prepared a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie from a Martha Stewart recipe. It was yummy. I decided to go with a theme and since USC was playing on Thanksgiving, that set the colors....cardinal and gold.

After dinner, we took a walk and enjoyed the last of the fall colors. The weather was just right. It was even a little on the warm side for a Maryland November.
USC won their game against Arizona and the day was perfect.
How blessed we are to live in the USA and to have wonderful friends and family who love us. It was the last Thanksgiving on the east coast. Next year.......(if all goes well).......California!

No comments: