May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, July 4, 2008

Scraps and Snippets of Life

The first step in the journey to CA has begun. We have sold our townhouse in Valencia, CA. If all goes well, it will close on July 23rd and we'll have some money in the bank. Timing wise, we're not quite ready to buy in Alameda so our actual selling of the MD townhouse and the move to CA might not be until next spring. Of course, the big hurdle is dealing with the accumulated stuff. It is so easy to procrastinate.
I'm back in to listing on eBay but it is slow. I've sold a few books. Recently I started cleaning out a closet and came across oldest DSs old bookshelf strategy games. They are now for sale on eBay and I've actually got a bid. Who knew? I guess some people are still in to board games. Hmmmm....I wonder if anyone wants some jigsaw puzzles?

Just for the fun of it, I started making a string quilt. I'm not sure why since I have many other unfinished projects. It started when I began cleaning out a fabric drawer to put aside fabric for my quilt guild's charity quilts. The scraps were just too enticing so before you know it, I was sewing a quilt top. And it is just that.....a top, not yet a quilt. But I'm auditioning borders for it and I really like it so it has the potential of actually becoming a quilt.

And my last little project......a small 10"X12" quilt from a pattern I found on-line (though I know not where). I just loved the turtles, especially the one going off the edge. I also loved that it was small and doable in a day. I even got to practice some thread art.


No comments: