May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, April 30, 2010

LIfe Does Move On

I just read over my last post to this blog which was on March 15th. I do believe an update is in order.
Jim ended up in the hospital for 5 days. The final diagnosis was haemophilus influenza aka H-Flu.
It comes on suddenly with an extreme sore throat and fever. Yep. He had both those symptoms. As it worsens, swallowing becomes difficult. Yep. It pretty much became impossible. So he was admitted to the hospital and it took 5 days until he could come home. Along the way, he experienced pneumonia, respiratory distress, high blood pressure, and high sugar levels. But in the end, he survived and came home to rest up. Due to his weakened immune system, he also caught a virus after he came home. Fortunately we were able to survive that with OTC medicines.
The good news is that he is well enough to be at this moment in Salt Lake City, UT for two genealogical conferences.
That ends this update. I spent last weekend at a quilt retreat. More about that with pictures later.

No comments: