May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sewing On A Saturday

First let's take a look at the design wall.  I finally had a flash of genius that I could make a sleeve on a piece of batting and put it up instead of a quilt in my sewing area.  Duh!  Took me long enough to think of this.  It's not very big but it least it is a place where I can put things up and in my sight.  The projects here at the moment were worked on a little last week not today.  There is one UFO from a class about 5 years ago called Wonky House. It is at the embellishment and finish me up stage so I'm hoping that putting it in my sight will inspire me.  Then there is a little birdie stitchery that begs to be finished with a border and maybe made into a pillow.  There are two flip-flop blocks that I'll take to the exchange raffle at guild next Saturday. Lastly is a sample block for making a baby quilt for community quilts.
And now the Saturday sewing.  I found this tutorial on-line at Skip To My Lou.  It was so cute and looked so easy to make.  I printed the pattern and picked out some fabric.  Then I went off to fix dinner.  After dinner DH wanted to watch a movie.  Turns out that the NetFlix movie option, Inception, wasn't quite my cup of tea.  So I returned to sewing and in less than an hour I had a cute little Pleated Zippered Pouch.  What I really liked is I learned how to inset a zipper into the lining.  

It measures about 7" by 5".  It was super simple to make with the tutorial.  I can see myself making several more.

No comments: