May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Busy Week and An Anniversary of a Special Day

Last week seemed to fly by.  There were people to see, projects to work on, meetings to go to, and a day set aside just for me. 

First up on the to do list was finish the placemats and table runner for the PEO Bunco Raffle.  This was one of those projects that started out simple but then evolved in a bit more complication and time needed to finish.  How hard could placemats be?  Well, they would be simple if I had pillowcased them as originally planned.  But along the way, it seemed a binding might be nice and if a binding is nice then a pieced binding could be really great.  Of course this meant lots and lots and lots of piecing for the binding........enough for 4 placemats and a six-foot table runner.  Finally, the project is almost finished.  All it needs is for the binding on the table runner to be sewn down.  Lucky me.  I think I have a volunteer sewer who is going to do it for me.  Thanks to Derryl and Terri. 
Nice modern fabrics if you like turquoise, brown, and green
Another project that caught my attention was the need to go through my MIL's rubber stamps to select some for another PEO Raffle basket.  One thing led to another and the next thing I know, I have trays of stamps all over my living room.  DH and I estimate that there has to be over 500 stamps in her collection.  In other boxes I have at least 25 stamp pads, 10 jars of embossing powder and several pairs of decorative scissors. 
Unfortunately, all this led to checking out eBay to see if any of the stamps might have some worth.  Turns out there is one company, PSX that is out of business.  Their retired stamps seem to fetch a bit more than the norm.  So  one afternoon was spent finding all the PSX stamps and than looking them up on eBay.  They are now set aside for another day........which will definitely be after PEO Bunco. 

Thursday was my day to breathe.  It was the anniversary of Stephen's Birthday.  He would have been 35.  I went away from home for the day and treated myself to a facial and a massage.  Then our family all met at Crown Beach for our traditional memorial to Stephen.  We enjoyed a snack and tossed flowers into the ocean as we remember our son, our uncle, our brother, our brother-in-law.
Stephen Todd Sorenson      Fall 2008      Love You!

And Friday passed by before I knew it.  I met with a teacher from DGDs school whom I will be helping on Thursdays.  I'm really excited to be back in the classroom on a volunteer basis.   
Girly Feet on a summer day

So it is Saturday and college football is on.  UCLA lost to Texas.  USC won against Syracuse.  Jim is a happy fan.

No comments: