May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Trials and Projects and Pumpkins - Oh My!

Life has been hectic around here. Our family has had another encounter with cancer.  Jon was diagnosed with testicular cancer two weeks ago and has been home this week recuperating from surgery.  Considering all we've been through with Stephen, it put quite a scare into us. This particular type of cancer is very treatable and curable when caught early as Jon's was.  We await the pathology report and some blood tests for final follow-up decisions.  Once again, our friends and family pitched in with prayer support and love.  Once again, we have experienced God's love for us as He has given us courage and strength for yet another twist in life's journey. 
And here is my darling first-born a week after surgery out for a visit to the pumpkin patch.
Keeping busy has been the best way to deal with stress this last week.  I went to Quiltinators and worked on a community quilt.  Several blocks got done but it is not yet finished.  I also made rice pillows for Lissa's students.  They are weighted pillows filled with rice that wiggly children can put on their laps to keep them focused and centered.  Fleece made a very nice cover for them. And finally, I finished up a mug rug and coffee cozy for a friend.
Cushy Rice Pillows

Bright Disappearing Nine-Patch Community quilt

Mug Rug and Coffee Cozy for Terri
And today we were off to the Pumpkin Patch in Livermore, CA.  It was a gorgeous fall day that was just perfect for picking pumpkins.  Jon was a trouper and he knew his limits.  He walked slowly and rested along the way.  Pumpkin Patches are such great traditions for the Fall. 
I love the colors of fall

A man and his pumpkins

Feeding the goats

One little pumpkin

Two little pumpkins

Are you really this tall Makayla?

No comments: