May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stephen Tribute - A Little Bit More

Some projects need to marinate alot.  That's the way it has been with my Stephen tribute quilt.  I got it out last week and began to add some more detail.It took some time to add nails and knotholes to the shutter.


Now I'm thinking that it needs some vines or something over on the left.  I'm really stumped about how to do that.  Wouldn't bougainvillea look pretty?  There is no way I'm going to try to applique bougainvillea. So I thought to myself "Maybe I can find some silk flowers that can be taken apart and used for applique?".  Looking on line, I discovered that silk flower bougainvillea sprays cost a small fortune.  I decided to try my local Beverly's.  Beverly's has lots of different silk flowers but no bougainvillea or anything resembling it. 


 I bought a couple of California poppies (Stephen was after all a California boy) to bring home and play with but they are too big. They do look good on my mantle for summer.
I also bought some grassy looking sprays to play around with.  Those I may use. 


In the meantime, this project may have to go back to marinating mode for awhile.

No comments: