May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just A Little Fall Fun

I didn't have anything to work on at Quiltinators last Monday so I brought along some fabric stash and began making strip sets.  Then I cut them into 2 1/2" strip squares.  I wasn't sure that my funky strip sets and squares were going to work well in some sort of order for a quilt top.  But I've played around with them and come up with: 
The dark squares are daisies on black.
I think this will work.  It has Fall/Halloween colors and if you study it closely, there is a repeating pattern in the rows.  I have plenty of fabric for wide borders so I'll make this the center.  

Next a sneak peak of a project that I'll eventually be putting up for a blog hop called Holiday Lane Pillow.  I'm only going to put a sneak peak here.  I don't have an assigned day for the official unveiling yet AND I still need to embellish and put the pillow together.
And that's what I've been working on lately.

No comments: