May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Thursday, December 13, 2007

AAAHHHH! The Smell of Clean

Getting ready for company keeps one busy. I've been baking cookies and buying food and other stuff for weeks now. But the EASY part has been having Merry Maids come in and do a top to bottom cleaning in our four-level townhouse. I am sure that my house has never been this clean. They were here all day, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, scrubbing, etc. It was worth every penny to have someone else do it. A splurge certainly. Not something I can afford to do on a regular basis. It's a simple thing that has made me very,very happy. There will be no dinner cooked at my house tonight. I want the kitchen to stay this way for at least tonight.Last night was one of those great girl-friend get-togethers. My small quilting group, the Loose Ends (affectionately known as "the Loosies") got together at one of our members houses for a holiday pot-luck. We decided it was actually the first time all twelve of us had actually been together in one place. That was only possible because one of our members lives in California but she was here visiting. The food was delicious, the conversations uplifting and there was laughter throughout the house. We didn't quilt one stitch but we did have fun.
And to celebrate the season and get ready for Sunday's party, I got my hair cut. I finally got enough length on it to allow my hairdresser to layer and add some style. The big question is whether or not I'll be able to style it this way myself.Now I've just got to double the prayer efforts for good weather. It's supposed to be rainy/sleety/snowy on Saturday night into Sunday. Good thing I bought two 40-lb bags of Ice Melt. Otherwise, no-one will be getting up my front steps. They have to come. I don't want to eat hors d'oeurves and cookies for the next two weeks.





No comments: