May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ready for Christmas

The Holiday Open House was a success. Everyone had a great time and DH enjoyed being the host for his co-workers. In the end the weather co-operated and almost everyone came. A few had to opt out due to illnesses. We had more than enough food and the next day I took left-overs to a local shelter.

Amazingly, I managed to finish a table topper before the Open House. I made it entirely using scraps. Of course, on Tuesday of this week, I was at a quilt store in Annapolis - Cottonseed Glory- and I bought four fat quarters that just seem to speak to me. So basically the stash hasn't gone down much.






Now it is time to settle down and enjoy the upcoming Christmas celebrations and events. We were supposed to go to a Holiday Jazz concert on Wednesday but DH came home sick with a bad cold. Guess that party was too much for him. Since the evening's event was cancelled, I sewed instead. The recently purchased fabrics inspired me to try a Ricky Tims Convergence Quilt. Not really a difficult technique but matching the seams turned out to be tricky. I soldiered on anyway. A little well-placed applique is good for covering imperfections. Now I'm working on machine quilting it. It's just the right size for more practice using my BSR.








No comments: