May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Monday, August 30, 2010

It All Begins With Kindergarten

You get married. Six years later you begin a family. The children grow up, complete college, get married (or maybe not) and then they have children. Now you are a grandma. That's the cool part. Know one ever tells you how wonderful it will be to be the grandma. You get a special name and all the hugs and kisses and love you could ever want.

Then one day it happens. That grand-daughter that was the first one turns 5 and is ready for kindergarten. The beginning of her "official" school years. Time really does pass in the blink of an eye.

From this:
To this:

As her Nahn Nahn and as a former kindergarten teacher, I send my love to this little one as she begins the great adventure of learning. But of course, she's been learning all along. What I really want for her is that she continue to love learning and that she will always seek out truth and goodness. She is a bundle of potential just waiting to happen. Watch out kindergarten. This is just the beginning!

No comments: