May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Poking Around PIQF



Yesterday I attended Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA.  It is one of the many shows put on my Manusco.  It's a large show with many, many vendors.  Since it is close by (a 45 minute drive), I could easily go for the day.  I also volunteered and spent some time at the Amador Valley Quilt Guild Raffle table.  Most of the afternoon, I spent seeing the show and vendors with my new friend Phyllis.  We have a common friend Barbara who lives in Indiana.




Loved this quilt.  The quilter used her daughter's Australian T-shirt for the large block and then chose fabrics to compliment it.  I especially love the shadow box setting.
There was an exhibit of quilts with Maui as the theme.  They were all quite nice.  Since Lissa calls Hawaii her home state, I took a couple of pictures.
Had to take a picture of this since I also participated in this TQS Block of the Month for 2008.  I only finished 9 of the 12 blocks. 

No comments: