May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, November 20, 2010

One, Just One Photo

Blogger and I don't get along when it comes to including pictures in my blogs.  I don't think it is Blogger's fault.  I think it is the fault of my server.  The slowness and the glitches  (having to constantly restart the router) don't inspire me to blog.  So today I am not going to "upset" my computer.  I am going to pick out one picture from our recent trip to Eastern Europe and write a little about it.  That's it.  Only one for now. 
The Monastery at Melk, Austria
     
There was so much to see....so much contrast in geography and buildings.  This monastery was among my favorite sites.  It's a living breathing working place with a high school for 900 students who commute.  It's chapel was over the top Baroque but here and there were examples of modern art.  From the terrace you could see the lovely little town of Melk.  We had beautiful weather for our visit and we enjoyed a leisurely walk down from the monastery back to our ship.

No comments: