May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Learning to Sew

I had promised DGD#1 that I would begin to teach her to sew on a machine when she was six.  She turned six in February and she remembered.  Of course I gave her a sewing kit of her own to jog her memory.  We finally found a day when she didn't have school and her sister was at preschool so we could sew together.  I can tell it is going to take a lot of patience on my part to slow her down.  She already thinks that she can "sew by herself" next time she comes.  Best of all, she enjoyed it and wants to do more.  We'll take it one step at a time. 
Great book for introducing a child to sewing
Look Nahn Nahn!  I'm ready to sew!

No comments: