May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, May 7, 2011

And All The Way From Canada Came.........

....this wonderful package of goodies!
A big quilty hug and Thank You to Madamme Samm from Stash Manicure.  I am going to have so much fun with all my new patterns, books, threads and fabric.

Last night two special little girls had a sleep-over.  Their mom was sick with a sinus infection and she really needed the rest time.  We ate out for dinner, watched a movie and worked on projects.  Here is one: 

The Artist busy at work decorating a little fabric bag.
    
REFLECTIONS
Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  I  reflect upon motherhood in many different aspects of my life.  There is, of course, my own mother, Ruth.  I was the first of her four children.  Then there are the other relatives and friends who were mothers and role-models for me as I was growing up.  I was blessed with a dear Mother-In-Law, Jean, who became an inspiration and a friend.  Today I am Mother-In-Law to Lissa who continues to bless my life with her enthusiasm and spirit. Of course, I, too, am a mother and a grand-mother.  A mother to Jon and Stephen.  Stephen has passed on from this earth to his home in heaven. Jon lives near-by and makes sure I get many opportunities with our darling grand-daughters.  Mother's Day brings a few tears to my eye....tears of sadness because I miss Stephen, tears of happiness for all the mother blessings that have been a part of my life. 
 May everyone who reads this be blessed every day.  Thank you to all the mother's who have raised us, believed in us, supported us, taught us, and loved us.  Happy Mother's Day and Everyday!

No comments: