May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Little Bird

This little bird: 
Original drawing by DGD
 became this: 
Interpretation in fabric by the grandmother 

I have a folder where I keep precious pictures that my DGDs draw for me.  OK.  Not every picture but several.  I had been mulling over the idea of trying to make one of them in fabric.  I decided it would be the perfect gift for DGDs dad (aka "my first-born") for Father's Day.  So I just pulled out the scrap basket and started work.  There is no particular technique I used.  It is all done with scraps.  I personally love it.  I hope he will, too.  Now I need to make another one for a picture from the youngest DGD.

No comments: