May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Memories for 2011

I'm still adjusting to my "new normal".  That would be several things......life without Stephen, living in the SF Bay area of Northern California, DH retired and home all day......and so on.  I had probably thought that I would have a "plan" for our retirement.  I knew it would involve travel and free time to choose activities and hopefully some volunteer time to help out my community in some way.  All of these things have come to pass.  But.......when the fall holiday season begins and the light of day ends earlier, I deal with some sadness issues.  Partly it is because my final time with Stephen was in the Fall and Winter.  I'm also getting used to new traditions with Jon and Lissa's family.  I'm learning that new traditions are okay and I don't have to be in control of the celebrations.  I just need to participate and enjoy them.  So here is Christmas 2011 as celebrated by the Sorenson families of Alameda, California. 
Lissa's cousin Marie came from Seattle to join us.

Grandma TuTu from Hawaii also.  It's all about family togetherness.

Family silliness on the eve before Christmas.
This little elf greeted us at the door on Christmas morn.

The grandmas all decked out in their new winter wear

Warrior Princess got her wish....a bow and arrow set for Christmas.
Dad and daughter going over important safety rules

There are remote control cars for girls.  I think it is called "La La Loopy".

Let's get a little exercise to work off those Christmas goodies
Just what I wanted Mom and Dad!  

And some time at Crown Beach to top off the day. 
And that is Christmas in Alameda.  Fun, Family, Food, and Frivolity.  Enjoying the blessing of being together.

No comments: