May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, December 3, 2011

It Is Beginning To Look A Bit Like Christmas

After having experienced winter snow during Christmas while living in Maryland, it's a little hard to adjust back to Christmas sunshine and balmy weather in California.  But in reality, the California Christmas weather is what I grew up with.  What it really takes for me to get in the holiday mood, is to bring out the holiday decorations.  Nothing like remembering the favorite items, to make one feel festive.  We're not into decorating a big tree any more so many ornaments stay in their boxes.  But the few things I put around, do make me happy. 
Mom's Santas and mine...always on the mantle

Made this pillow the first Christmas back in CA...2009

DGD preparing a background for my nativity scene with her sister and Auntie Cheryl

My in-laws bought this set for us in Mexico in the 1970's. 

Just a few lighted houses with some 12 Days of Christmas figurines

And the table is ready for treats and tea

No comments: