May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day In A Small Town

One of the great things about small town living is the hometown parade on the Fourth of July.  Alameda claims to have the second largest parade in America on the Fourth.  It's always quirky and fun.  Basically anyone who can get a group together can pretty much enter the parade. And there is also the high school bands, the military groups, the scouts, etc.  We stake out our place early and bring our chairs along with snacks.  The darling grand-daughters always get a Popsicle at the end.  A great time was had by all. 

 Hooray for the Red, White and Blue
 Proud to be an American. (and I am proud to be his mom)









                                                  
76 Trombones led the big parade......well not quite 76



Larda, a student from Spain, who is staying with Jon and Lissa's family for a month.  Cool glasses girls!





 Seven years old going on teenage. 






Oh My!  Did that horse just...?
 Sharing a Popsicle between sisters.
I told you.  Anyone with a group can enter the parade.  They were towing a boat.

No comments: