May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, August 2, 2013

More Travels Down The Asian Scrappy Road

I am on a toot to work on UFOs.  The Asian Scrappy Road is NOT a UFO.  It is a new project.  It keeps calling me so I got it out and worked on another 3 blocks.  There are now 4 of the 12 blocks done.  It actually works up pretty fast when all the fabrics are cut ahead of time.  I've been sewing in components and then putting everything together.  The last part is the match-up between the center sashing.  I've been basting that part together before I stitch it down to make sure I'm lining up the sashing.  So far.  So good. 
ooooo.....I'm liking this.
And while I am in that organize, analyze the stash mode, I made a fast sort through a shelf of fat quarters to try and make some sense of what colors I had. 
This organization probably won't last for long.
And finally a bit of actual work on an UFO.  I have managed to put together 3 baby quilt tops for community quilts and one them actually has a pieced back and batting ready to be basted. 
Definitely a scrappy backing.
One run of 2 1/2" strips became two baby quilts.
It's been a pretty productive week of sewing.  I'm thinking that the sewing machine might enjoy a little clean-out and oil.

No comments: