I did give my self permission to work on the Asian Scrappy Roads quilt. I now have all 12 main blocks done. I put them out on the dining room table to have a look. They need to be squared up and more sashing needs to be added to make the rows for the final top (before borders). After I put them all back in the project box, I realized (from looking at the pattern) that the blocks will be turned so the rows will be staggered. This means less fussing to match sashing lines.......yipee! But the picture shows the blocks all turned the same way.
And after putting away the Asian blocks, I got out some donated material for a community quilt. I figure I can't go wrong with a Disappearing Nine Patch so that's what I have started cutting out. I am trying to figure out if there is a complimentary block that could go with it.
and speaking of Disappearing Nine Patch, I've also used up some donated fabrics to begin a Christmas themed quilt. These fabrics must have come from the 80's or 90's. I just added a bit of Hoffman green and a small bit of red. There will be twelve blocks....each measuring about 14".