I think I bought these composition books last year with the intent of making covers for them and presenting them to the Darling Grand-daughters before school. They sat on a shelf and every once in awhile I would think about making those covers. In the meantime, the year went by and the project never got started (or finished!). So today, inspiration hit and I just set to and looked up an easy tutorial on the internet. Ta Da! Started and Finished!
I even used the alphabet on my sewing machine to add their names. I hope they enjoy them. They sure weren't difficult to make. I didn't make them quite as fancy or add the button closure. It is an idea with lots of possibilities.