May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, March 20, 2015

A Little of This A Little of That

Halfway through March!  How can that be?  In fact, I believe this is the first day of Spring.  Definitely feels springlike here in No. California with lots of pollen flying around.  I doubt that the east coast is feeling too springlike quite yet.  

We have had a sad thing happen this month.  Our dear friend, Rick Scott passed away on March 1.  His wife Sandy is one of my "other mother" friends.  We met Rick and Sandy when we lived at the Fairways in Valencia.  Rick will always be remembered as a man who loved God, loved his wife and loved his family.  

March brings birthdays and anniversaries to our family.  Jon was first up with his 40th (mother lets out a big sigh.....) birthday.  As the saying goes "my how time flies".  We celebrated this first-born son with dinner at his house and letting him pick his favorite game to play.  He chose 21B Baker Street, a game with fond memories from childhood. I was finally able to present him with his quilt.  At Christmas, it was only a top.  He liked the music and science themed fabrics. 


Jim and I celebrated our 46th anniversary on March 15.  We went to see a movie at the Alameda Theater, The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and then we had dinner out at the grill next door to the theater.  Jim gifted me a comfy cozy merlot colored sweatshirt that has a map of Alameda on it.  I gifted him a genealogy T-shirt that says "Genealogy....confusing the dead and irritating the living". 

This month I have been teaching a quilting class to 3 darling first graders through the 4-H program at EBI (The DGDs school).  It has been fun and they managed to hand-sew a four patch together and then finish it into a tiny pillow.  I was so proud of them. Next week I start a new group at EBI's other campus.
Taking a look at other quilt-related and sewing stuff, this is what you would see: 



Enjoying the longer days of Spring.  Flowers blooming.  Trees leafing out.  Birds singing.  If we could just get a little rain to come along. 

No comments: