May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, March 27, 2015

Winnings Project

I won a prize at this month's AVQ meeting.  It was a tin full of 2 1/2" squares of Jennifer Sampou fabric.  It gave way to this project from Heather Mulder Peterson.  The table runner is from a series that she did called Mini Charmers I.  This one is Woven Squares.  I found the pattern in Heather's blog on-line.
Lots of pretty colors

Neutral background
The project went quickly but it was a bit tricky.  You had to sew straight and watch that quarter-inch seam.  There were lots and lots of small pieces to put together.  Then there was choosing the colors and deciding where they would go.  I finally decided that there was no perfect lay-out and I stopped moving squares around and just began sewing.  It's not perfect.  Don't look too closely but when it is quilted, it will probably look nice on a table. 
Ready to sandwich and quilt.

No comments: