May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year Begins 2012

 
New Year's Eve was celebrated by babysitting with the DGDs so their parents could have a date night.  DH and I both went.  Despite my best attempts, Makayla was still awake when her parents got home at 10:30 p.m.  Mom got her quickly settled in and then the grown-ups toasted each other with champagne.  Nahn Nahn and Pop Pop left for home and got there just in time to watch the ball in Times Square fall down (of course, in CA it was a re-run).  

I'm not making resolutions for the New Year but I am once again adopting a word.  In 2010, my word was FAITH.  In 2011, my word was STRENGTH.  In 2012 my word will be ENGAGED......not the getting married kind.  My goal is to be more aware and conscious of my world, my activities, my relationships.  I want to "engage" myself in each moment.  

Since clutter distracts me from focus, I've attempted to bring some new sense of order to my office/sewing area.  The results became this: 
Labels and rearrangement of fabrics, scraps, sewing supplies, projects

An awareness of how many children's scissors I have accumulated in the DGD cabinet

Leaders and enders that drew me in to sewing

The beginnings of yet another UFO.

 












































And then I remembered.....






















































OOPS!  What about this drawer that I just created?

...and this UFO now being hand quilted......very, very, slowly

I am so determined to finish up the embroidery details on this and get it DONE

See?  How cute are details.  Get to it!
But sometimes I just want to start something new so I pull out those cute little baskets with their new labels and before you know it, another UFO.  And that's how I create the scraps of my quilty life.......

No comments: