May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Monday, July 15, 2013

9 Geese A Flying

Yesterday I enjoyed taking a class with Sue Rasmussen.  She has two signature techniques.....one is curved flying geese and the other is pieced landscapes.  She has won numerous awards and deservedly so.  Her work is executed perfectly and she has an incredible design and color sense that draws you right in to her work. The class she offered to our guild was Curved Flying Geese.  Here is a picture of her class samples. 
 Here is the small sample piece that I worked on.  It was not done at the end of the 5 hour class.  I managed to finish it today.  You can see that I've figured out the basic technique but I have a ways to go on the drafting of the curve and the size of the blocks.  Actually, she said that we could make it as wonky or specific as we wanted.  I just kind of drew my lines random widths and had fun with it. 
I think I'll call this tumbling trianglesThey look like they are about ready to fall over.
 Will I ever use this technique to make borders for an actual quilt?  Probably not......maybe a wall-hanging if I'm feeling inspired.  I learned lots of good tips about paper-piecing, thread, sewing machines and needles from this class.  Every experience adds to my knowledge.  Most of all I had a good time quilting with my fellow guild members.  This piece may get more material added and it will become a table runner.

No comments: