May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Aspect of Who I Am

Besides being a quilter, a mother, a teacher, a wife, etc., etc., I am a child of God. I'm realizing more and more that my faith is an important part of who I am. Lately I've been thinking about what that means. I have a desire to explore my faith and spirituality. Where will this wandering take me? I don't know but I do know God has a plan for me if I will just listen.

I've found a new church to attend. It's a community church and not a denomination. From my past experiences with other churches, I think this kind of church is the best fit for me. It's casual, contemporary and the people there seem caring and friendly. I find myself anxious to get there on Sunday mornings to the point of actually sort of popping out of bed. Coming home, I feel as if I've been fed by the Word. God is good in leading me to this place. The question before me now is how involved do I become with this church. Hmmmmm....something to pray about.

No comments: