May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, February 24, 2007

A New Bernina Resides At My House

Oh the joys of a sale at the local quilt/fabric store! I've been eyeing the Bernina 440QE for awhile now but have been put off by the price. Because Berninas are fair traded through authorized dealers, you could never find more than a 25% discount......until last Thursday. One of my LQSs was offering a "very gently" used 440QE for 27% off and it would come with warranty and classes. Husband said do it so I did. I am so NOT an impulse person when it comes to big money expenditures. Buying it within one day of finding out about it was something new for me.

The machine is home and it sat in its box for two days because I was busy. But now it's upstairs in the sewing area and I've even tried it out. BUT I haven't gotten quite brave enough to try the BSR (Basic Stitch Regulator) foot yet. I may wait for the classes for that. In the meantime, I've researched and read many reviews and sewers of all kinds seem to like this machine. I'm sure my husband is wondering how many sewing machines I will end up owning in my lifetime.

I'm having "sew" much fun trying out the decorative stitches with variegated thread and memory. I see lots of possibilities for sewing for the grand-daughters. Don't think I'm interested in the embroidery module at this point but if a sale comes up, who knows what will happen.

Time to get back to sewing.......................

No comments: