It's been a marathon sewing day. The duvet for DGD #1 is finished! The new sewing machine was wonderful and definitely made the project easier with automatic buttonhole and putting on the buttons. Projects like this always seem to take longer than you think they will. Luckily I caught the fact that her bed was smaller than twin size before I got too far along. But of course, there was no duvet available in the right size. Solution -- make my own duvet/comforter insert. Fortunately the weather has been cold because I would not have wanted to sew with that much polyester batting in the summer. But it's done. I made it reversible so DGD can have options. Now it will be on to making the curtains to match and some pillows and pillowcases.
Tomorrow I'm off to take a class on using EQ6. I never really used my EQ5 to it's full potential. I'm hoping that with a class to inspire me, I'll really use it.