May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, February 16, 2007

Off and running in the world of blogs

According to some feedback I got on the quilt show.com forum, blogging is easy and fun. So here I am typing my first entry. Thanks QuilterLynn for getting me started. I'm seeing this as a way of journaling and sharing. So with that in mind I'll begin with a picture of me with one of my darling grand-daughters.

Today in Rockville, MD we've had sunny skies and cold, cold weather. There's about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground but it's not soft and fluffy. It's icy cold and hard as rock. We're expecting a few more days of this record cold. Being a native Californian, I can't imagine the kind of snow that the upstate NY folks are experiencing.

This is the kind of weather that's good for staying in and quilting. I've managed to finish a baby quilt. It's only one of about 4 baby gifts that I need to finish. So I don't have a picture of the baby quilt but here's one of another quilt I made. This one for the darling baby pictured above. Her name is Violet...hence the color scheme of the quilt is quite appropriate. Being a grandmother is such fun. I'm looking forward to many more sewing projects for "the girls".
TGIF A Friday tradition around here is to watch Monk. So I'm out of here for now.

No comments: