May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Most Wonderful (and busiest) Time of The Year

The Christmas Season is upon us. This year we are staying home and celebrating by ourselves just like at Thanksgiving. I'll miss being with family but I'll not miss the hectic airports and stress of traveling. Just having to wrap, pack and mail gifts is stress enough.

The house is "getting there" for decorating. We're having an Open House on December 16th for my husband's co-workers so I've been trying to keep ahead of the game. There are lights on the front of our house and festive decorations in the living areas. There is just a little tweaking to do.

I'm almost getting sick of cookies. So far, I've baked at least 10 dozen cookies for this Open House. I'm so glad we're buying all the rest. Isn't Cosco wonderful? You can buy everything prepared including a delicious Artichoke Dip. My husband's fear is we'll run out of food. My fear is we'll be eating left-over hors d'oeurves forever.

Sewing and quilting have been on hold for the last few days. I did manage to make a Christmas Stocking for the youngest DGD. I even found that I had left-over material from making her sister's stocking two years ago. They've been sent off to California to be filled by Santa.


Time to get back to the endless list of holiday to-do's.

No comments: