May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two Finishes in July

I'm in to that binding and finishing mood.  This month I finished sewing down the binding on my large Strip Therapy Quilt that I started in January 2010 at Road To California.  I've worked at it off and on over the last year and a half and finally in May I got it to a long-arm quilter.  The pattern and class were from Brenda Hennings. My long-arm quilter is a friend from AVQ guild, Dianne Saugier.  Thanks to a new recliner sofa for our family room, I was more than happy to sit and sew down the binding.  Now it resides at the end of my bed so that it adds a touch of color to the room.......now if I could come up with something to hang over the bed.  Its hard when you have vaulted high ceilings. 
Next up on the finished list is a table topper.  One day last fall, I started playing with some scraps.  The thought was to make this for Thanksgiving.  Time ran out and it never got its binding.  But now it is done and ready for display this fall.  It goes nicely with the new table which goes with the new sofa in the family room. 
"Finished" is such a nice feeling.  I think it is time to pull out a few more UFOs for finishing.

No comments: