May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This is always a bittersweet day for me.  I celebrate that God gave me the opportunity to be a mother  to two wonderful talented young men.  I grieve for my son, Stephen  who has gone to be with God. I celebrate the addition of a daughter-in-law, Lissa who is the mother of my two darling grand-daughters, Makayla and Violet.  A mixture of emotions wash over me on this day. 
We celebrated here in Alameda with dinner at the Buttercup Bar and Grill.  Good food and good times were enjoyed by all.  Violet entertained us with jokes.  Makayla entertained herself with a book.  We all told stories of when the kids were "little"......grandchildren and my own children.  Mostly we had fun just being together as a family. 
My first born son, Jonathan Michael Sorenson


Makayla, Violet, and their mom, Lissa playing hand games.


Just like her daddy, always reading

Wow......sister is reading too!  Cracking us up with jokes.
Stephen loved teaching young musicians.

No comments: