May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, November 8, 2013

What Can You Do With Scraps?

I am really enjoying playing with scraps.  Mostly I've been doing Bonnie Hunter's technique of Leaders and Enders to make 4 patch blocks out of 2 1/2 inch scraps.  I've been trying to pay no attention to colors and pattern unless there is something glaringly odd.  With the latest 4 patch squares, I added a SnS side to put them on point.  Then I got the idea of using them in a chevron pattern of some sort.  I pulled out some neutrals, measured and came up with this: 
Scraps, scraps, scraps

As you can see, this is a work in progress and there will some shifting of blocks before it is put together.  Then I'll have to let it marinate for awhile before I add borders.  I'm having fun with it and that is what is important.  It will eventually go to community quilts.

No comments: