May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fall Begins, Life Moves Forward


 Fall is officially here and the weather in Alameda remains unseasonably warm.  The nice thing is that I can spend more days enjoying time on the patio.  But the days are getting shorter and day-light saving time will be here before you know it. 

On the quilting front, I have made a few things.  I finally finished a Quilts of Valor quilt to turn in.  The center applique was pre-made by a guild member. 
I also made myself a Conference Bag from a blog called "So Sew Easy".  The pattern and wonderful video tutorial was by Deby Cole.  It took some time and I may make it again.  I really like the size and usefulness of this design.  I might add a closure to the outside pocket next time.  That way, my iPad will stay in place.  Right now I am using this one as a Bible Study bag. 

The girls and I had sewing project days together.  Violet made a reversible apron and Makayla made a cute little stuffed owl.  Both of the girls tried out free-motion quilting on my Bernina 440QE.  They are both getting to be great little sewists. 


We only had a one day trip with the girls before school this year.  We visited the San Jose Mystery House and the beach in Santa Cruz.  Short time but fun. 
Next week we are off to Georgia to attend the Callaway Family Association Reunion.  First we'll sight see a bit in South Carolina.  Then we'll stop in the Atlanta area to visit my former Head of School from Seneca Academy, Jodi Thurmond and my cousin Dwaan Callaway Black.  We'll end up in Pine Mountain, GA at Callaway Gardens for the reunion activities.   

And when we come home.......another bathroom remodel will commence.  Life is busy.









No comments: