May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Just when you think life might have settled down, it jumps right up and slaps you in the face. I've known February would be a difficult month but I sure couldn't have predicted what has happened so far....and it is only February 13th!

The saddest and most heart-wrenching thing to have happened is the death of the son of our dear friends, Rob and Mary Bentley. Mary (along with Sandy and Barbara) is one of the "other mothers" in the life of my children. We had just seen each other in September to laugh, cry and pray for our children. She was a special blessing to Stephen in his last months. He treasured the books, notes, and cards that she sent. My mind reels and can hardly comprehend that these treasured friends should suffer a loss so similar to my own. I pray for them daily.

Just as we were trying to pick our selves back up after the above news, we got a call from our daughter-in-law, Lissa. Violet was being admitted to Children's Hospital for emergency surgery for a twisted ovary. She ended up having to have the ovary removed. She is only three years old. Again our minds reel with trying to comprehend the events of life.


But the month has held joy also. Makayla celebrated her fifth birthday with all the hoopla that a 5-year old requires. Auntie Cheryl came from Los Angeles with bundles of gifts and decorations to make sure she had a special day.





Mostly, February brings memories of the precious moments spent with Stephen last year. I find myself thinking about him alot. I smile. I laugh. I cry. A whole year has gone by. How can that be? The journey has ebbed and flowed. God has been faithful.

No comments: