May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Love Those Humbags!

About 10 years ago I bought a pattern for something called "Humbug  Bags" by Nancy Restuccia for Make It Easy Sewing & Crafts.  I think over the years I have made at least 60 of them for various gifts.  They are so easy to make and everyone I have given one to has exclaimed how cute they are.  I usually put a little something in it like candies or scented hand-wipes or whatever.  I personally use them for all kinds of things.  I keep our charging cords in one for traveling.  I keep one in the car with mints.  I put sewing supplies in them.  There are endless uses for these bags.

Over the last two days, I've made two of the medium size bags to give away.  One just got delivered today and sadly there is no picture.  It was very cute with Shasta Daisies on it.  This evening I made another one for my son for his upcoming birthday.  I'll fill it with his favorite Jelly Bellys and then he can use it in his car for carrying whatever he wants.  He loves music.  Hence, the music fabric that was used.

Humbug Bag for Jon




What a fun gift to make.  I have gotten so good at these that I can usually sew one up in about an hour.  One time I needed to make 12 of them for gifts and I created an assembly line to do them.  I never seem to tire of making them.  The other thing I like about them is that they provide a great way to practice machine quilting.

No comments: