May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Penny Goop

The opportunities to play with this little one are endless.  But having her all to myself because she is on Spring Break is the best.  Sister had to go to school.  But that is okay.  Sister got her grandma day the week before. 
I love playing with her hair.  She sat still and let me put braids on the sides.  What you don't see is the pony tail that she insisted on in the back.  This one has a fashion sense that is all her own. 

When you have a day at grandma's, it is always fun to do something different, something messy, something that maybe you don't get to do at home.  We decided to clean pennies.  There were three suggested ways to clean pennies in the book we looked at......lemon juice, tomato catsup, hot sauce.  We decided to not try the hot sauce.  Pennies were located, ingredients and other supplies found, and the experiment began. 
Could this penny be any dirtier??????

Messy catsup.  How fun is this?
A brush seems to help when using lemon juice.

A little of both worked the best. 
Of course, the scientist got to keep the pennies.  But she needed a little pocket to keep them in.  We retired to the sewing room and she picked out fabric scraps for a penny pocket. 
So much love and fun!

No comments: