May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lavender! I Love Lavender!

For all my married life, I have tried off and on to grow lavender.  I have read about it.  I have tried to follow the proper planting procedures. But it never took.....ever.  It would always die.  So...........I gave it another shot here in Northern California because everywhere I walk, there are humongous lavender plants.  Obviously it can grow here.  I bought my plant a year ago and didn't get it right in the ground.  But it survived.  And then I planted it in the ground in early spring.  And this wonderful little plant has rewarded me with.........FLOWERS.  I think it is a go.  Dare I say that I now have a thriving lavender plant? 
Lovely Lavender enjoying the sun.
Behind the lavender, the coral bells are blooming and the mint is trying to take over the world.  All is well in my little corner of the world.

No comments: