May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thankful Gathering

The tradition has been handed over to Lissa and Jon.  They now cook the main part of the Thanksgiving meal and we gather at their home.  This year Lissa's mom, Linda joined us.  My contribution was Classic Green Bean Casserole.  You know the one with the French's Fried Onions.  I also made the Sorenson favorite potatoes, Secret Treasure Potatoes made with Instant Potatoes but absolutely loved by everyone.  And for the finale, I made my Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with the coconut/graham cracker crust. 
We were soon off to Jon and Lissa's across town to celebrate how much we have been blessed.  We are truly thankful this year for Jon's health and well-being.  Jim and I are so thankful to be able to live here in Alameda close to our precious family. 
Our very own domestic goddess.

Domestic Goddesses need helpers to make the gravy

Table beautifully set and ready

A little pre-dinner game of chess.

Jim, Violet, Makayla and Linda (TuTu)

Father and Son happy together

Place cards provided by Makayla

We all added leaves of thankfulness to Makayla's Thankful Tree


No comments: