May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Hand Update

Since blogs are often recordings of personal journeys, I find myself reflecting and writing about my hand journey since the "fall down the grand staircase" in the monastery in Portugal.  At this point, it has been  2 1/2 months since the surgery and 3 1/2 weeks out of a cast.  Going to hand therapy has become a weekly event where they push, pull, twist, and tell me to go further.  Their motto (and now mine) is "no pain, no gain".  The swelling is down considerably but definitely not gone which is one reason the pain continues.  The pain meds and ice and warm paraffin are my friends.  I can type for a little while, sew for a little while on the sewing machine but still no driving.  I'm cooking some with Jim's help to cut and chop and move large pans around. I'm taking a walk everyday that I can when it is not raining.  It is good for my well-being and for my soul. Recovery of range of motion is my full-time job.  I praise God for the progress that I have made.
January 10, 2013  Notice some ability to turn the wrist.

No comments: