May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Frog, Frog, Goose

Did you ever have a project that you just had to finish but you really didn't like?  This piece was one of those........and I was the one that presented the challenge to my group.  The previous post shows the ugly fabrics I ended up with.  Today I present the finished piece with all its flaws.  Things I learned along the way........ 
  • Don't break your wrist when you have a project with a deadline. 
  • Don't decide that 1/4 inch parallel quilting lines will take "no time at all". 
  • Remember to check the heat of the iron and don't hold it down to long or you will burn fabric. 
  • When the back looks really ugly with the stitching, cover it with another piece of fabric. 
  • Show it quickly to your group and then give it away to your grand-daughter who loves frogs.
This was a do or die project that I barreled through determined to finish.  I didn't make the deadline but a month later it is off my to do list.  The name came from the children's game "Duck, Duck, Goose".  I decided to put the frogs in the middle and call it "Frog, Frog, Goose".  Then I managed to burn a small section as I was pressing it so it became "Frog, Frog, Goose, OOPS!"  A friend suggested the small froggy flap to cover the oops burn

Fini!  Done! 


No comments: