May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Friday, July 26, 2013

Idea to Kit to ?????

Like many people, I've been collecting Asian inspired fabrics since the time they became popular.  Of course, they still are popular and I still like them.   Over the years I've seen various ideas for using them.  I've even cut into my stash and used a bit here and there.  I still have a UFO of Japanese Kimonos that will one day be a wall-hanging.  While going through a 2-year old magazine, I discovered yet another fabulous idea using those Asian inspired fabrics.  I actually cut out the article and set it aside.  Every time I would run across the picture, I'd think to myself that I really liked that quilt.  It wasn't for lack of fabrics that I didn't begin.  I had plenty of those.  It was just all those pesky UFOs and unfinished "ideas" that made me feel guilty about starting something new..........until a few days ago when I began cutting fabric for the Asian Scrappy Quilt.  And now I have all the main fabrics cut and I just need to finish cutting the strips for the blocks.  It looks like I just might have a quilt kit to work on and I didn't buy any new fabric.  I know that I even have enough fabric left to piece together a back.  
One step at a time.......
I've got at least 20 different fabrics available......and lots left over!

Scrappy pile of stringy pieces.  Not sure I'm going to keep them.

Lots and lots of 1 1/2" black strips for around the blocks.  A few more still to be cut.
I do believe, there may be an Asian Scrappy Road quilt some day. The pattern is from Quilter's World Magazine October 2011 and is a design by Sue Harvey and Sandy Boobar of Pine Tree Country Quilts.

No comments: