May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Monday, July 8, 2013

July Fourth In A Small Town

Alameda is a small town sitting on an island in the San Francisco Bay right next door to Oakland.  If you have ever flown into Oakland Airport, you have buzzed Alameda and I could probably wave at you from my patio.  Every Fourth of July, Alameda has an annual parade.  It is a truly hometown, home-grown affair highlighting the businesses and the people of the community.  We always sit towards the end of the 3+ mile parade route so we can enjoy the shade of the trees along Central Ave. 
House is decorated and ready for BBQ later

Tutu, friend, and Lissa in their "reserved" seats

This group puts up a Tiki Bar every year.

Honoring our flag and our nation

Little girls dressed in their patriotic colors

Best waffles in town....an Alameda tradition

Newer cafe but quite popular with the locals

Enjoying the parade and the family time together

We might not have floats but we have an Octopus

No comments: