May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pressing Matters

I've always been inspired by Laura Wasilowski.  She's so creative and colorful.  She let's the design take her wherever it will go.......and she is a FUSER.  Her latest work with all the stitch embellishment is really cool.  So.......there she was, in person, in Paducah at a cute little booth with her patterns, threads, and fabric.  And some of it was kitted.  Before I even thought about it, I bought a kit.  I even started working on it before I left Paducah.  
.....and there it sat, waiting for inspiration and completion.
So this weekend, time was mine and inspiration and motivation hit me big time.  So I began to work on it again.  I quickly found out that I had cut some of the fabrics from the kit wrong so I fudged a bit in creating the borders.  My mantra?  What would Laura do?????  I'm sure she wouldn't give up. 
A few fused down details begin to give it a little pizazz.
But what it really needed was the stitch embellishments.  So I pulled out my newly purchased Laura W. hand-dyed #8 perle cotton, put in a movie and began.  It's a little hard on the fingers going through all that material and batting. 
Yep.  I'm liking it. 
A little fused binding and it's done.  
I think I'll be ordering the other two patterns for this series called "Tools of The Trade".  Thanks Laura W. for your creative inspiration.  It's been really really fun.

No comments: